Type of Project : New Line : Broad Gauge (BG)
• District : Junagdh (Pop : 27.5 Lakhs)
• Project Background:
• M/s Shapoorji Pallonji Company Limited is developing a port at Chhara under the BOOT Model of Government of Gujarat and Gujarat Maritime Board.
• Chhara Port will be developed with one coal berth of 8 MMTPA capacity in initial phase.
• The company has proposed a new Broad Guage rail line connecting this upcoming port to the proposed railway station at Kodinar. (About 19 km)
• This project is of extending new Broad Gauge line between Somnath-Kodinar to connect to Chhara Port.
• Somanath -Kodinar (36.91 km) rail line has been approved and sanctioned by Railways. Details of the land required has been submitted to the Gujarat Government by Indian Railways. Railways will construct the line once government of Gujarat hand over the required land. Government coordination would be required for acquiring the land
• Detailed Study is required to be conducted for Chhara Port line, including a survey and DPR preparation.
Broad Gauge Rail Line of Approx. 19 Kms
Estimated Project Construction Period*: approx. 2 years
Mode of Award of Project:
• Chhara-Kodinar- BG Rail Line Approx 19 Kms is Rs. 326Cr.
• GMB commissioned Techno-Economic Feasibility (TEF) Report by Simar Port Limited.
• Basis this TEF Financial IRR for the project works to 12.7%.
• Status of land availability and other clearances: 600 acres of land has already been acquired for the port development.
*Source : GIDB; Stakeholder Consultation